We are following the current guidance of our local health authorities. We will continue to follow these government guidelines and take additional measures to keep you and our team safe as we navigate over the coming weeks and months. Things may look and feel a little different than before but your safety and security is of the utmost importance and we thank you in advance for your patience and your trust in us.
We will be practicing the following safety measures for SKY SKATE at The Porch:
- Stringent hygiene protocol training has been implemented for all employees. If any employee presents signs of illness, they will not enter the building.
- Occupancy in our space as provided by Public Health will be followed.
- All guests upon arrival will be required to use hand sanitizer provided by us. Hand sanitizer stations available throughout the venue.
- Tables and chairs between groups of guests, will be six feet apart with a maximum of 4 people per table. Where needed, directional decals spaced 6 feet apart, will be located at any areas of a queue. To assist us with this, we kindly ask that you follow the decals as you join us. All guests are asked to maintain physical distancing of 6 feet between them and other venue guests.
- All surfaces within the venue, including guest tables, chairs etc, will be sanitized thoroughly between each use.
- Guests have the option to view our menus on our website here.
- Payment terminals will be sanitized after every use. We recommend contactless payment with your debit and credit cards.
- No cash transactions will be accepted.
- If you are exhibiting any COVID-19 related symptoms or have travelled within the last 14 days, we kindly ask that you return when you are well and/or have completed your 14 day self-isolation.
- Masks must be worn at all times EXCEPT while seated at your table, including ordering from the bar or food counter, and in washrooms.
- Guests are required to sign a waiver prior to skating.
- Skating is only permitted in one direction, counterclockwise.
- Helmets are mandatory while skating.
- All groups must keep a six-foot distance between themselves and other groups, ‘passing’ on the left hand side is permitted for brief moments.
- Guests using the rink do so at their own risk and voluntarily assume all risks associated with use.
- Failure to comply with safe skating rules will result in expulsion from the Porch.
Thank you for your support – we are so excited to have you with us up top!
SKYSKATE COVID-19 WAIVER
The COVID-19 pandemic has required The Porch to take additional steps to guard the health and safety of our guests and the staff who work here. In addition to requiring that all guests and staff strictly follow The Porch rules and Covid-19 related protocols, The Porch has also prepared this COVID-19 Policy all guests are required to review and follow.
Until further notice, all guests attending The Porch premises will be required to complete the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool and to declare they have followed the recommendations provided by the Tool and that they have not been advised to self-isolate for any reason.
For the full self-assessment, please visit https://ca.thrive.health/covid19/en
The Porch is relying on information provided by all guests and staff to help protect the health and safety of all those who use and support The Porch. The Porch appreciates and expects your candour and cooperation. False statements could result in legal liability and disciplinary action against a guest.
The Porch cautions all guests that COVID-19 can be transmitted by asymptomatic individuals. Declarations of guests and staff do not provide certainty that guests and staff have not been infected, or that COVID-19 will not be transmitted by guests or staff. Attending The Porch’s premises and interacting with guests and staff involves risk of infection. Before choosing to attend The Porch, each guest must assess such risk for themselves and consult with their doctor where appropriate. Parents and legal guardians must also make informed and responsible decisions in consideration of the risks faced by the children in their care.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE PORCH IF:
- You are experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, even mild ones. If you are experiencing symptoms, get tested for COVID-19 and self-isolate for 14 days.
- You have travelled to any counties outside Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days. Please get assessed for a COVID-19 test and self-isolate for at least 14 days or longer depending on when your symptoms started.
- You provided care or have been in close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19? Note: This means that you have been contacted by your health authority’s public health team.
I hereby declare that I have read and understand The Porch’s COVID-19 Policy and the procedures and rules communicated and posted by the The Porch.
I hereby understand that any false declaration made in this form, or any failure to follow the procedures and rules established and posted by The Porch for the purpose of maintaining social distancing and the well-being of other guests and staff, may result in expulsion from all MRG Group properties.